Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Little One

While putting my son to bed tonight, I had so many lesson plan ideas running through my head. So tonight I am staying up a little later than usual to get those ideas in writing.....but instead of getting everything done that I thought I would, I have been playing with google+ and this blog. I now have both apps on my phone...yay!
So while I'm up, I'll post my second post ever! :) I've mentioned that I have a son. He will be 5 in less than 2 weeks. That is so hard for me to believe! I'm going to hold on to him being 4 for as long as I can!! I'm soaking up all of the last minutes of "four-hood".
He is my very best friend, and just the best person to be around. He has been my first art student, as well. In fact, I have his first picture framed and hanging in my kitchen. It's just little crayon scribbles that I managed to get him to do when he was a baby...but it's the best art in our whole house.
This summer we've done several guided drawing projects. I really thought he was too young for that until I tried. The secret is I have to be teaching him to draw something he is really interested in. I mean really interested in! So far we have done s cheetah and a parrot.

I think his finished pieces are adorable, and I know I'll be keeping them for a lifetime. The only thing better than the art itself is the memories created while making it.

Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment