Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Professional Development

Hi there. Two days in a row! I am doing good!!! :)
Today, we had professional development. I work at a private Christian school. We are trying to become an IB school, which has been kind of confusing for me walking into this transition. Our school is being observed in April, and everyone is a little stressed about it. I have had a hard time learning  my role in the IB world as the art teacher. I have actually tried to hide from it. That just isnt going to cut it, anymore. I am a part of this team, and really need to show my support for what the school, as a whole, is trying to accomplish. So, this week, I will be creating visual displays of our learner profiles and attributes for my classroom, and will try to include these (small mentions) into my lessons. It will take mental probing on my part. Serious mental probing.
I am ready to see the kids tomorrow. It has been so weird since Christmas break, because we have had two three day weekends, one early release because of snow, and one professional development day. I have only seen some of my classes one time since we have come back. I need them more to get things done! :) I am ready to redo the art displays in the halls. :) I know, I know...its the PROCESS...not the outcome. I just get excited and PROUD of what these kids can do (when forced, hehe).
Again, no picture! Its going to happen soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment